Tree Line USA® promotes the dual goals of safe, reliable electric service and abundant, healthy trees across utility service areas. This benefits both utility companies and communities. The Arbor Day Foundation, in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, recognizes public and private utilities that demonstrate practices that protect and enhance America's urban forests.
Energy Saving Trees is a tree based energy conservation program in which some Tree Line USA utilities participate. Utilities provide free trees to residents to plant in strategic energy savings locations. A win for all!
+ Enrollment Standards
Tree Line USA enrollment standards (PDF, 226KB)
- Quality Tree Care: Follows industry standards for pruning, planting, removals, and trenching and tunneling near trees.
- Annual Worker Training: Ensures employees and contract workers are trained in best practices.
- Tree Planting and Public Education: Sponsors and participates in a tree planting and public education program designed to expand tree canopy and educate customers about proper tree planting, placement and pruning.
- Tree-based Energy Conservation Program: Offers formal, tree-based energy conservation program that places special emphasis on the value of trees in conserving energy.
- Arbor Day Celebration: Sponsors and/or participates in annual Arbor Day events and collaborates with community groups, where possible.
+ Texas Tree Line USA Utilities
Listing of Tree Line USA Utilities
- AEP Texas Central Company
- AEP Texas North Company
- Austin Energy
- Brownsville Public Utilities Board
- CenterPoint Energy
- Garland Power & Light
- ONCOR Electric Delivery